The following policies and guidelines (“the Publisher Policies and Content Guidelines”) describe the mobile advertising standards applicable to any mobile application publisher, or mobile application developer (“Publisher”) using the AdView Technology Services. The AdView Technology Services (a) facilitate the delivery and insertion of demand partner advertisements (“Ads”) through Publisher’s mobile applications to end-users and (b) may be composed of web pages available at www.adview.com and software, including the AdView SDK and the AdView Technology Ad Exchange.
AdView Technology reserves the right to update the Publisher Policies and Content Guidelines at any time. If an update includes material changes, AdView Technology shall provide notice of such update via email. By continuing to use the AdView Technology Services subsequent to such notice, Publisher agrees to abide by the updated version of the Publisher Policies and Content Guidelines.
2. Prohibited Content
Publisher is prohibited from using the AdView Technology Services if Publisher’s mobile applications feature or promote any of the following content categories:
• Graphic or explicit violence (IAB25-2 (Extreme Graphic/Explicit Violence));
• Adult sexual content (IAB25-3 (Pornography));
• Discriminating, offensive, or profane material or hate content (IAB25-4 (Profane Content), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
• Weapons, weapon accessories, and ammunition (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Tobacco and tobacco accessories (IAB9-9 (Cigars));
• Spyware, malware, viruses, illegal hacking, or other materials that are intended to damage or render inoperable software or hardware (IAB26-3 (Spyware/Malware));
• P2P file sharing, torrenting, or other content violating or infringing upon any third-party intellectual property rights (IAB26-2 (Warez), IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
• Counterfeit goods (IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
• Illegal products, activities, and services, including, but not limited to, “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Unmoderated user-generated content (IAB25-1 (Unmoderated UGC));
• Websites and other content that are under construction (IAB25-6 (Under Construction));
• Incentivized clicks, videos, and downloads (IAB25-7 (Incentivized));
o Exception: Publisher may allow rewarded video advertising, provided that the rewards offered to end-users for viewing the Ads are: (a) designated as a rewarded Ad by Publisher, (b) for the app in which the video Ad is displayed, and (c) virtual (i.e., having no monetary value). Publisher shall assume all responsibility and liability for such rewards.
• Content or material offering traffic generation or promoting fraudulent traffic (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Content or material pertaining to particular religions or spirituality, or advocating the superiority of a specific race/ethnic group, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, language, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected status (IAB23 (Religion & Spirituality), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
• Uncategorized content (IAB24 (Uncategorized));
• Alcohol content (IAB8-5 (Cocktails/Beer), IAB8-18 (Wine));
• Gambling or online casinos (if there is the ability to cash out in real currency) (IAB9-7 (Card Games));
• Lotteries (IAB3-7 (Government));
• Pharmaceutical or health products and services, including prescription medications (IAB7-5 (Alternative Medicine));
• Abuse support (IAB7-28 (Incest/Abuse Support));
• Substance abuse (IAB7-42 (Substance Abuse));
• Hunting and shooting content (IAB17-18 (Hunting/Shooting));
• Content or material promoting or containing links that are disparaging to AdView Technology or AdView Technology’s partners.
3. Restricted Content
Publisher’s mobile applications may be permitted to feature or promote the following restricted content categories, provided that Publisher has appropriate controls to ensure that such content complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country and jurisdiction in which the content is served.
• Financial services (IAB13-1 (Beginning Investing), IAB13-2 (Credit/Debt & Loans), IAB13-4 (Financial Planning), IAB13-5 (Hedge Fund), IAB13-6 (Insurance), IAB13-7 (Investing), IAB 13-8 (Mutual Funds), IAB13-9 (Options), IAB13-10 (Retirement Planning), IAB 13-11 (Stocks));
• Political campaigning content (IAB11-4 (Politics)).
4. Technical Requirements
Application/Ad placement Setup
Applications and ad placements shall be set up within the AdView Technology Ad Exchange and adhere to the following requirements:
• The combination of application and ad placement name must identify the traffic source, placement of the Ad, and the requested banner size (non-cryptic).
• The application and ad placement details must provide a valid URL that links to the inventory where the Ads are embedded:
o In-App: Valid app store link.
• The application type and category must match its content.
The following requirements relate to the information Publisher must send to AdView Technology in each Ad request and the setup in AdView Ad Exchange. In general, each Ad traffic source must be split by single application in AdView Ad Exchange.
• In-App Traffic
o The bundle/application information must be provided in the App Details’ Download URL in AdView Ad Exchange. (The bundle must conform to the standard format defined by the relevant app store.)
o The advertising ID must be sent within the Ad request. Fake advertising IDs will be considered fraudulent.
To ensure the authenticity of impressions, Ads shall be:
• Visible (i.e., not hidden, out of page, stacked, or stuffed).
• Placed reasonably and oriented correctly within the content, including an acceptable number or density of Ads in relation to the content.
5. Ad Request Strategy
• If Publisher receives a “Currently no ad available” response, the interval between new Ad requests must be at least 10 seconds;
• Publishers may only request Ads when the mobile application is not in background mode; and
• For infinite scroll mobile applications, Publisher must insert Ads in soon-to-be visible areas only.
6. Ad Refresh
• Except for sticky Ads, Publisher must not refresh Ads prior to a change in the content of the mobile application;
• Publisher may only refresh Ads that are viewable;
• Publisher must not allow background traffic (i.e., no Ad refreshes permitted behind covering elements such as full screen videos); and
• The refresh rate (i.e., the time an Ad impression is shown prior to replacement) must be at least 30 seconds.
7. Ad Positioning and Appearance
• Publisher must not:
o Excessively advertise, stack Ads, or place Ads next to each other;
o Place Ads: above the fold for 300 x 250 or bigger Ads; below the footer of mobile apps; or in non-interactive areas;
o Place hidden or invisible Ads;
o Rescale, format, rotate, or modify Ads; or
o Place incentivized Ads, except for rewarded videos.
8. Enforcement Policy
In addition to AdView Technology’s rights and remedies under AdView Technology’s Terms of Service and/or any other applicable agreements Publisher entered into with AdView Technology, any violation of the Publisher Policies and Content Guidelines may result in the suspension of Publisher’s mobile application from the AdView Technology Services, in AdView Technology’s sole discretion. Additionally, AdView Technology reserves the right to suspend Publisher’s other mobile applications on the AdView Technology Services, reject Publisher’s future mobile applications, or terminate Publisher’s account.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Publisher Policies and Content Guidelines.